Minibrew Review (2019). Should you buy it?
Submitted by Ryan.
I think Minibrew is may be one of the best investments an avid beer brewer could make. For someone who loves brewing at home, the Minibrew is quite a good purchase as it’ll help you create craft beers pretty much on-the-go. The machine is a home-brewing device that can be carried around the home. Kudos to the Dutch entrepreneurs who came up with this portable beer brewing machine, because it is quite a convenient tool to have.
Features of Minibrew
The Minibrew kit is a great device because it’s pretty much reduced the process of brewing beer to a couple of buttons. It’s a neat little machine that simplifies the whole process and creates brews on-the-go.
- The Minibrew machine makes beer in a matter of just three and a half hours. This cuts down the process that other beer fermenting machines generally take, making this a useful device to have if you’re looking to have a party in the evening.
- There are over fifty recipes that can be chosen. I’m personally a fan of the stout, and the easy availability of coffee made it a simple process for me to get myself a pleasant brew every other day.
- The ingredients can easily be procured from Minibrew’s online store. These ingredients can be easily added into the mix, and the process can begin.
- The machine’s also iPhone compatible (no kidding!). I just need to push a button on my phone, and it automatically begins the process. I get an alert on my phone when the process requires me to add hops and yeast.
- It’s only a matter of time to wait out the initial fermentation process, which takes around 5 to 15 days based on the amount I want to brew.
- The ergonomic design of the machine makes it a really good addition to any household. It can also give a fairly decent 5 litres of homebrew. While this isn’t much for party animals like me, it’s still enough to give me that happy buzz after a long, hard day at work.
- The app also requires me to add my taste preferences on it so that it can predict the type of flavour I’m looking for. This makes the process more personal and easier to implement.
Ever since I had my first sip of beer, I always thought it would be pretty awesome if I had my own little brewery at home which can serve me drinks whenever I felt like. Since I wasn’t able to set up an entire system at home, I was always looking to get a machine that could do an equivalent job. I had kept an eye out for kits that could be used at home, and that’s when I came across this.
The Minibrew had everything I was looking for - portability, ease of use, beer on-the-go and a hobby I could really invest my time into. From the moment I got it, I knew I’d taken the right choice because the instructions were super clear and I was able to get the first batch ready within a couple of weeks. Although it did take me a couple of tries to get it right, I knew it was just a matter of time.
By the end of a couple of weeks, I was able to brew batches of beer that were tasty and also a great drink that was a perfect accompaniment for my food. I called over a couple of friends and had a nice Barbeque and beer party, and it actually turned out to be a big success. Since I don’t need to transfer the produce from vessel to another, it lessens the chances of contamination as well, and it’s been a great purchase.
- It doesn’t take up a lot of space in the kitchen, and it has a sleek, modern design that makes it stand out
- After the fermentation is complete, I can actually drink directly off the copper barrel which acts as a keg, making it easier for me
- The machine comes with its own CO2 cartridge along with tap, so it is fully equipped and ready to use
- There are also around 50 different recipes that can be tried out, making it a great kit to experiment with. I was able to make ale, stout and some wheat beer as well, and the entire process is extremely easy and fun
- The device can be controlled with the help of an iOS app. This makes it simpler to know when I need to change anything or allow the process to finish.
- The price is a bit of a setback because it is on the pricey end. I have a passion for beer which is why I’d purchased it, but it could be an issue for other folks. However, the high-end features and its compact size make it worth your while.
- It also doesn’t have an Android app yet, so that’s another slight issue for those without iPhones. Android users will not be able to control the device with an app as the iOS users can.
Why Minibrew is Worth Your Money ?
- This kit is awesome for anybody who just loves the experience of brewing their own beer and sipping it. It’s great because it comes connected to the iPhone, making it easier to see any important update or make changes in the process.
- Also, there is no need to take the beer out of the keg and pour it again, which could make it lose some fizz. You can drink directly of the container itself, fresh and cold.