Best Beer Faucets and Taps Reviews 2021
The function of a facet is to dispense beer, and this sounds so basic that so many people normally overlook the importance of these small components of home brewing. The function, design, shape and the material of the faucet matters a lot if you want to have a great homebrewing experience. They help to direct the flow of the brew and also ensure that you get the perfect pour so that you avoid creating any mess when handling your beer.
Additionally, faucets are the components where the tap handles connect to, and the wrong matching of the handle and the faucet is likely to interfere with the smooth experience of pouring the beer. Consequently, there is more to a faucet that just the mere dispensation of beer, and for a good experience, it is imperative that you learn about the various types of faucets available, and how to choose the right ones for your homebrewing needs.
Top 7 Beer Faucets and Taps
1. Perlick Flow Control Faucet Stainless Steel
The Perlick Flow Control Faucet has a forward innovation sealing that features an excellent flow control, and a must-have for every homebrew freak. With the excellent flow control, foaming issues are well taken care of irrespective of the beer line size or the length you could be using. The beer tap is constructed with stainless steel, and its most admirable feature is the forward sealing design which not only allows for smooth operations but also reduced the possibility of the faucet getting contaminated.
This beer tap will give you total control on the speed of dispensing the beer as well as the volume you are allowing to come out at any given time. You will also love the extended sprout that makes it easy for growler filling.
• Smooth operations
• Easy to clean
• Made of stainless steel, hence, durable
• The faucet doesn’t stick
• Great value for money
• Can leak easily if not completely sealed off
2. Perlick 630SS Stainless Steel Draft Beer Faucet
Perlick is no stranger to manufacturing beer faucets, and there is no doubt that they are one of the leading manufacturers of beer taps in the world. If you want a nicely designed, smoothly operated draft beer faucet in the market today, then you have every reason to consider Perlick’s 630SS stainless steel draft beer tap. It features a sleek design of stainless steel which guarantees that it won’t pit or tarnish neither will it taint the flavor of the beer that will be passed through it.
It has a patented forward sealing design that minimizes the chances of the beer getting exposed to air as is normally the case with the valve-shaft designs. The spout angle in this tap is more vertical to allow for thorough draining of the beer with each pour. Also worth noting is the polished interior that facilitates smooth flow, less agitation and less foaming of the beer.
• Easy to operate
• Made of stainless steel, hence, durable and easy to clean
• A more vertical sprout angle for thorough draining
• May leak if not sealed properly.
3. KegWorks Aluminum Draft Beer Tap Faucet Lock For Kegerators
Here is a faucet that you can use for both commercial and home applications. It has been designed with every feature you need for the smooth dispensation of your beers and without the worry of messing around the works space. It comes with a beer faucet lock that will prevent both kids and guests from accessing your beer without your permission. It is easy to install, attaches over the faucet easily, and it comes with one key which allows for easy management of the multiple taps.
• Easy to install
• Easy to operate
• Sturdy and effective in operations
• Easy to clean
• Locks out unwanted drinkers
• The bare metal on the metal binding may scratch
• The locks are not heavy duty
• Not universally compatible with all taps
4. OneBom 2 IN 1 Beer Tap
OneBorn is a powerhouse when it comes to the manufacture of homebrewing equipment, and the OneBorn 2 in 1 beer tap is one of the best you will find in the market today. It is made of high- quality stainless steel with luxuriant finishes. Here is a brief look at some of the notable features -
- Food grade materials – the inner construction of the faucet features food-grade stainless steel which is an ultra-durable material that will not tarnish or pitch. As such, you won’t have to worry about your beer getting affected by an objectionable metallic taste.
- Flow control valve – the beer tap has a flow control valve which features a lever that you can use to adjust the flow rate of the beer so that you avoid excessive foaming during dispensation. This is of great importance if you intend to serve a variety of beer styles, including those known to foam excessively.
- Easy to use – the operations of this tap is easy since all you have to do is connect it to the beer keg and start turning it on and off to dispense the beer.
• Easy to install
• Made from high-quality steel for durability
• Easy to control the flow of the fluid being dispensed
• Doesn’t come with the ball lock. You will have to purchase one separately
5. KegWorks Guinness Stout Beer Faucet
KegWorks Guinness Stout Beer Faucet is a nitro stout specifically designed for the dispensation of beers that contain nitrogen or those with a mixture of gases. It is never a good idea to dispense beers such as Guinness with the standard faucets because it not only compromises the quality of the brews but also leads to a lot of foaming.
• Made of heavy duty metal with high-quality chrome finishes
• Specifically designed for nitrogen beers
• Doesn’t come with faucet handles
• To use with other types of beer, you have to remove the restrictor.
6. Bev Rite CPCCM201 Draft Beer Faucet
The Bev Rite CPCCM201 Draft Beer Faucet is a standard beer faucet with a black plastic knob and a 4-1/8 inch shank. It notable features include -
- It has a chrome plated brass construction
- Has highly polished finishes
- Has very high-quality parts
- It has standard threading which makes it compatible with the commonly branded tap handles.
• Great faucet at an excellent price
• Works smoothly
• Had dual taps for faster filling
• Leaking handle
7. Kegco Polished Chrome Draft Beer Faucet
This is a premium quality faucet made of forged brass and features a highly polished chrome finish. Notable features include -
- Superior operations and aesthetics
- Has a threaded brass shaft that is compatible with standard tap handles
- Nonstick ball washer to guarantee smooth operations
• Elegant design and easy to use
• Solid beer tap with no leaks
• Compatible with standard tap handles
• Ideal for the price
• The tap may sometimes get stuck
Types of beer faucets
Beer faucets are available in different designs, styles, and finishes. Here is a brief look at the major types you are likely to find in the markets today-
Standard beer faucets
Standard beer faucets are the most common types of faucets you will find among homebrewers today. If you have a personal kegerator, then you are most likely to have this kind of faucet. These faucets are designed to dispense various types of beer styles, including all American lagers and ales. In most cases, the standard faucet has a rear sealing, they are easy to install, and they can always be swapped with a lot of ease. If you are just starting out as a homebrewer, they bring the simplicity you will need because they connect directly to the draft beer tower or the shank, and once that is done, you will be free to start dispensing your beer.
The operations of European faucets is almost similar to standard faucets only that they are stylistically superior and have slightly better smooth operations than their standard counterparts. The European faucets are slightly longer, and they come with a skinnier spout which is used to reduce the amount of foam formed during the dispensation process. These faucets also have a shorter shank and different threads unlike the standard faucets from the US. With such variations in design, connecting or swapping out components on an existing kegerator with European faucets is never as smooth as with the standard faucets. You will not usually need to replace some components of the kegerator, but if you are faced with the need to and you have a European faucet, be ready for incompatibility issues.
Also known as stout faucets, nitrogen faucets are designed for dispensing liquids from nitrogen-based draft systems. They are the most preferred faucets for dispensing nitro beers and stouts. They are usually very small, with a precise opening to allow for very slow pours. With the slow pour, there is usually a perfectly foaming head that allows for the full aroma of the drink to be felt. Consequently, the resulting beer is creamier and smoother. If you decide to dispense a nitro beer or stout with the standard faucets, it will come out too quickly, and it will most likely be full of foam.
Buying Guide for beer faucets
If you are in the market shopping for a stout faucet or beer taps, you need to consider the specific features which you need on the faucets. Such will impact the operations and efficiency of the faucet and determine whether or not you will have a good experience with it. Your most important concerns should be the followings:
The type of beer to be dispensed – not all faucets are ideal for all types of beers. For example, if you will be dispensing nitrogen-based drinks such as Guinness, buying a European or standard faucet will not be a good idea. The best faucet for such drinks is the nitrogen or stout faucets.
Your current kegerator – European faucets are known to have incompatibility issues with most of the kegerator systems, and so if you have a standard kegerator, your best bet would be to go for the standard faucets instead. However, you should be able to match your current kegerator with the faucets, and apart from European faucets, you will not have to worry about incompatibility issues with the rest.
Personals preferences – though there are only three main types of faucets, there exists a humongous variety of beer taps, and you can always make your choice based on personal preferences. You can choose the faucet based on the material, ease of installation, the design, and type of finishing among others.